Deadline: 2 December 2011
Eligibility: for emerging artists who lives in US but are not student
Residencies will take place for a period of three to six months, including production time, scheduled between February 2012 and February 2013. Projects must be well under way and ready for production by October 1, 2012.
Special Editions Residencies are limited to emerging artists only. The Printshop defines emerging artists as those who are under-recognized and under-represented, at early stages in their careers.
Students enrolled in any kind of degree program are not eligible.
Only artists who are current legal residents of the US are eligible to apply (i.e., Social Security cardholders).
Past recipients of the Special Editions Residencies are ineligible.
Artists from all disciplines and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply, printmaking experience is not required.
All applications will be evaluated for their artistic excellence by the selection panel consisting of five artists and art professionals.
Selection will be completed in February 2012. All applicants will be informed of the panel’s decision by email.
Program description: Special Editions Residency Program is a competitive national residency program for emerging artists to create new work through exploration of printmaking. The Lower East Side Printshop offers an opportunity to complete an important new body of work in collaboration with one of our two experienced master printers, fully sponsored by the Printshop.
Artists, with or without printmaking skills, are provided with technical assistance, financial support, time and studio space to explore printmaking and complete a new body of work. Experimentation and exploration of new materials and processes are welcome.
The Printshop documents the artwork digitally, in printed materials including the annual catalogue, and on the Internet. The Printshop also provides exposure opportunities through on- and off-site exhibitions and studio visits. Awarded artists work alongside other emerging and mid-career artists in the Printshop’s Collaborations Studio.
12 day-long collaboration sessions with a master printer during a period of three to six months, plus, production/editioning service; independent studio access during the residency;
All materials, full access to tools and equipment;
Up to $4,000 stipend;
Printed and internet publicity and free slide documentation;
Limited travel and accommodation stipends for artists who live outside of New York City.
Special Editions residencies have been supported in large part by grants.
1) up to 8 images of recent work on a CD.
Images should be in JPEG format, resolution 200 pixel/inch, maximum dimensions 800 x 800 pixels, RGB color mode. Title each image as “your last name_your first name_#” (ex. Smith_Pat_3.jpg). Images will be projected from a Mac computer.
Write your name on the CD.
2) image list: your name, work title, year, medium, and dimensions
3) artistic resume
4) application form
Print out all documents and mail with your image CD. Application materials will not be returned.
Please do not send any additional materials, the Selection Panel will not review unsolicited material.
If you are experiencing difficulties with the online application form, you can DOWNLOAD a PDF form.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile