Deadline: 1 October 2011
Eligibility: Entries are being accepted international for young people with a particular manual talent in craft, design or technology. Age limit is set at 33 in the domains of crafts, and at 35 in the domain of technology.
Entries are being accepted for Talente 2012, annual international competition for young people involved in craft, design or technology.Talente’s aim is to promote young people with a particular manual talent and show something new and exceptional that has been made by hand. Entries are judged and the best are awarded the highly sought after Talente prize.
Talente is a showcase and competition for newcomers under thirty who work in design and technology. It takes place as a special show during the International Trade Fair for the Skilled Trades in Munich each year.
Since 1979 the organisers have collaborated with training institutions, academies, universities and arts and crafts organisations throughout the world, who put forward their nation’s best people for the competition. The world-wide network assures a unique view of trends and questions which concern young people in arts and crafts, making visitors aware of trends and currents, and of the coming generation of designer makers and inventors. Many of the young artists exhibiting attend the fair, to exploit the opportunity for exchanging ideas.
International Trade Fair for the Skilled Trades Munich, 14th – 20th March 2012
Special show TALENTE 2012
Call for applications
The new generation in applied arts and technology will have the opportunity to show their work in the international competition TALENTE 2012 in Munich, Germany in course of the International Trade Fair for the Skilled Trades from 14th – 20th March 2012.
In an area of 600 m², the works will be shown to a wide audience, with an international jury selecting the winners of the TALENTE prize. An illustrated catalogue will be published.
The aim of TALENTE is to promote young people with a particular manual talent. On the other hand, the audience will be shown the enormous potential which lies in the new generation in crafts and trades. The works will be the outcome of formal or technical considerations and experiments, showing something new and exceptional.
Participants are chosen from any section of crafts and technology. They will have made the artefact by their own hands. Age limit is set at 33 in the domains of crafts, and at 35 in the domain of technology.
Deadline for all applications will be the 1st October 2011.
The competition is publicly funded. This covers the space on the fair itself, the catalogue entry and part of the transport of the objects to and from Munich.
Closing date for applications: 1st October 2011
For further information please contact:
Handwerkskammer für München und Oberbayern
Abteilung Messen und Ausstellungen
Dr. Michaela Braesel
Telefon: +49 89 5119-293
Fax: +49 89 5119-245
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile