Eligibility: Opens to both international artists or quilt groups outside Taiwan. Individual or Group ( Individual: Works must be based on water and river concept and created by individual(s). )
Taiwan Art Quilt Society (TAQS) will organize an international art quilt exhibition possessed of artistic and educational quality. TIQE2012 will focus on global issues and highlight the creation of quilting is not only the interpretation of techniques but also the contemporary artistic merit of environmental care and the spirit of humanities.
Theme: Moving Water and River
Water and river are full of life and nutrient: novelty, freshness, and sustainability symbolize a source of vitality, expecting to convey an energetic, broad, and microcosmic angle of view, as well as each kind of life and existence that water and river embrace.
Curator: Lin Hsin-Chen
Lin Hsin-Chen is President of TAQS. Born and grown up in Taiwan, she is a fiber artist who has been devoting herself to creation, organizing exhibitions and teaching for 20 years. She often leads students or groups to work together on large-sized collective works. Global environmental issues are always her concerns so she puts her observation and reflection into her works. (Website: http://www.linhsinchen.idv.tw/
[Size of Works]
Entries must be a maximum of 200cm (79″) per side. A label including artist name and the title of work securely attached on the back bottom corner. Accepted works should be ready for hanging with a 12cm( 5″) wide sleeve attached to the back at the top.
Groups: Works must be based on water and river concept and created by group(s).
[Size of Works]
Collective entries must be a maximum of 200cm (79″) per side. A label including artist name and the title of work securely attached on the back bottom corner. Accepted works should be ready for hanging with a 12( 5″) wide sleeve attached to the back at the top.
- Works must meet the definition of following: An art quilt creation is an exploration and expression of an aesthetic of visual arts. Works must consist of a top, the batting, the backing and these three layers must be sewn together by hand or machine quilting.
- 3-D, free-standing works will NOT be accepted.
- You may submit up to 3 entries.
Submit one overall digital image and one detail digital image for each piece of work with resolution 300 dpi. The overall digital image must show the edges of each piece of work.
We suggest artists save digital images as a high quality JPEG or JPG file.
Catalog: A full-color catalog documenting the complete TIQE2012 collection will be published and sent to the exhibitors. Artists have to provide digital images of exhibition works. Artists have to grant TAQS with the right to use images of exhibition works for catalog publication without copyright fee or any other extra fees.
Sales: There are no sales of art works during the exhibition.
Entry guidelines and entry form:
If you have any questions, please contact:
9F 252 Sec.2 Shulin St. Tainan 70045 Taiwan
+886-6-213-6133 Tel +886-6-214-5477 Fax
Taiwan International Quilt Exhibition 2012
Taiwan Art Quilt Society (TAQS)
National Tainan Living Art Center
Taichung County Culture Center,
Feng Yuan District, Taiwan
August 11-October 29, 2012
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site: http://www.taqs.org.tw/
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile