Based on the Myth PhD (play hence destroy) thematic, Create an Accident proposes five outstanding new projects and a residency program! In collaboration with innovative artists and theorists from all over the world, Create an Accident offers the audience the opportunity to come in contact with artworks from around the multitude of arts, in places recognized for their pioneer action, and also at the urban fabric of the city. The development of all projects will be presented from early September until the completion of each, on a weekly basis on Create an Accident’s website, with audiovisual material from the creators and in open communication with the public!
The 1st edition of the European Contest for short radio plays, radius 10 to 15 v.1, is here!
Create an Accident invites artists from all over Europe to experience the world of radio play and submit their work.
how to apply
- step 1: read carefully the terms and conditions below.
- step 2: read carefully Create an Accident’s concept, Myth PhD (play hence destroy), page and the general description of the contest.
- step 3: send us the full play text in your native language as well as in English translation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- step 4: send us your recorded submission in digital form via wetransfer.com to email@example.com
- step 5: complete and submit the application form below.
- step 6. within 24 hours you will receive a confirmation email.
Deadline for applications: 30/4/2013
Terms and conditions
- Submitted works must be original creations of the artists and must not have been presented elsewhere until the end of the contest.
- All European citizens have the right to participate in the contest, regardless of age.
- Submitted works must be based on Create an Accident’s thematic for 2012 – 2013 season, Myth PhD (play hence destroy).
- The length of submitted works must be 10 to 15 minutes.
- Works should be submitted in recorded form.
- By vote, 4 of the submitted works will be selected as best entries in the contest. A committee comprised by members of Create an Accident platform and distinguished partners will select three out of the four works. The composition of the committee and the selection will be announced in due course. The fourth work will be chosen by the public after an open vote.
- Selected works will be published in cd right after the end of the contest. The cd will be available for free on Create an Accident’s website and a network of selected partners. None of the parties concerned (organizers and participants) require revenue from the distribution of the cd and any aspect of the competition.
- Participants are responsible for the costs of recording and any other possible expenses associated with the creation of their work. Their submitted recorded work, in case it is distinguished, will be transferred to cd without any modifications.
- Participants are free to choose the language of recorded works. In any case, participants must submit the full text of their play in both the language it is recorded in and English. English texts are required for plays which are recorded in English as well.
- Distinguished works will be announced and presented right after the completion of the contest by MindRadio radio station.
- The release of the cd will be presented in a public event at artist run space 3 137
- Create an Accident is responsible for the optimum organization of the contest and its promotion across Europe throughout its duration.
- All submitted works are intellectual property of the artists.
- Contest organizers reserve the right to advertize the contest and its featured works in the future, under the condition that the contest and artists involved are mentioned at all times. Other than that, organizers do not reserve further rights on the plays after the end of the contest and cd publication.
Web: Create an Accident
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile