Please note that the deadline for entries has now changed. The deadline is now 6pm Monday 14th January 2013 with the exhibition of shortlisted works in March 2013.
The 2012 Saatchi Gallery / Sunday Telegraph Art Prize for Schools, sponsored by Deutsche Bank, is now open and accepting entries. The prize is open to primary, secondary and sixth form schools from around the world who are invited to submit art work from students up to and including the age of 18.
A first prize of £10,000 will be awarded to the winning school’s art department, with a further £2,000 given to the winning pupil to be spent on art and computer equipment.
Two further runner-up prizes of £5,000 each will be awarded to the second and third placed schools, with a further £1,000 to each of the winning pupils.
Schools can enter as many art works as they wish, and there is no prescribed theme for works entered nor is there a restriction on media used (sculpture, painting, installation, photography and mixed media art works are all eligible and welcome).
There will be an exhibition of the 20 shortlisted entries at the Saatchi Gallery in March 2013.
The deadline for entries is 6pm on Monday 14th January 2013 and all entries should be submitted online.
The winner of the 2011 Saatchi Gallery / Sunday Telegraph Art Prize for Schools was Julia Whiting, aged 18, from St Margaret’s School. Her art teachers were Jessica Shellard and Adrian Scragg.
The panel of judges was: the artist Marc Quinn, the children’s author Kaye Umansky, Alistair Hicks, Deutsche Bank art advisor and curator, Alastair Smart, arts editor of The Sunday Telegraph, and Rebecca Wilson, director, Saatchi Gallery.
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile