CALL FOR ENTRIES – video artists and filmmakers are invited to submit their works for the 9th BERLIN INTERNATIONAL DIRECTORS LOUNGE [DL9], annual festival for contemporary media and film. THE 9th BERLIN INTERNATIONAL DIRECTORS LOUNGE, the annual festival for contemporary media and film alongside the 63nd Berlinale, will take place from 7 -17th of February, 2013 at the Naherholung Sternchen in Berlin. Again we will be screening a broad selection of films from all parts of the world and of any genre (video art, experimental video, animation, short movie …), covering a wide range of artistic positions in the new media. Submit your film for The 9th Berlin International Directors Lounge which welcomes single works, compilations, concepts, lectures, any kind of input. Deadline 15th Dec 2012.
SUBMIT NOW: http://directorslounge.tumblr.com/submitting
Deadline: 15th of December 2012
First, submit your work with this form (required). Feel free to mail us additional infos along with a few words about your person. To decide if we would like to present your work, we will need a viewing copy, preferably a DVD-compatible mpeg or Quicktime H264 .mov.
If you work with strange codecs or would like to send us uncompressed files, get in touch before doing so.
.wmv is not acceptable. AC3 is not acceptable.
Youtube links and thelike are a nifty way to share cute kittens, not a way to submit your work.
- Viewing-copies should be uploaded (you´ll get an ftp-login. Please be patient, you’ll be sent a ftp login separately ; this will likely take several days) or sent to our Postal address. Download links are fine as long as they do not need any registration/login or lead to pop-up hell.
Keep in mind that we will not return any sent material.
For the screening, we will need a DVD or a Quicktime or mpeg2-file together with some screenshots to be used for promotional purposes. Screenings are also possible in Mini-DV, DVpro and 16mm (upon request).
If in doubt, just ask.
- If you would like to present anything else, such as computer animations, installations, lectures or whatever fits into the cinematic concept, give us a short outline together with the technical necessities and we will try our best.
- Directors Lounge is a non-profit, zero-budget-project based solely on voluntary service. Consequently, we will not pay any charges nor are we able to support any concept financially.
Postal address: Directors Lounge, A.Werner, Petersburger Platz 2, 10249 Berlin, Germany
Remember to declare your package as of no commercial value. We will not pay any customs duty that may arrive.
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile