Deadline to be eligible for the Grand Prize is: February 2012
Open to: International
The Focus Project provides tools to launch the careers of emerging photographers. Portfolios in our system are seen by tens of thousands of visitors every month coming from every corner of the globe.
Throughout the course of The Focus Project, selected photographers will be prominently featured on our homepage and will have a chance at life-changing awards, world-wide acclaim, a red-carpet New York City reception and more than $75,000 in awards to fund your passion: taking incredible photos.
Everyone who participates in The Focus Project will be given the tools to gain international exposure for their work. Every Focus Project photographer will receive a sleek online portfolio that can be found in our searchable database, discoverable by editors, agents, enthusiasts and collectors.
By participating with The Focus Project, you retain all the rights to your photos. Our goal is simply to connect you to the next level of your career.
This year we will grant more than $75,000 in awards to selected photographers and expose great work to a world-wide audience. Every month our judges will select one winner. Each monthly prize winner is eligible for the year-end Grand Prize. Show us the world in your eyes: submit your work, change your life.
You are invited to share the most dynamic images you’ve captured digitally or on film. Whether documentary, still-life, portrait, or anything in-between: all subjects and genres are encouraged.
The Grand Prize
If selected, you will be awarded:
- A $10,000 Cash Grant, to spend whoever you want.
- A Gala Photo Reception in New York City, featuring your work on view with music and hundreds of visitors pulled from our extensive publicity reach.
- A video documentary on you, produced by Artists Wanted
- A chance at: $75,000 in Cash
Every month, our jury panel will select one photographer for:
- $2,500 Cash Award
- A Career-Launching Publicity Campaign
- We will feature your images and a link to your portfolio in a campaign seen by 1.2 million viewers from publications including: JPG Magazine, Popular Photography, American Photo, PDN Magazine, Artists Wanted, amongst many others.
- Consideration for the Grand Prize Award
Weekly People’s Choice Award:
Every week, the highest voted portfolio during the previous week, as decided by the public, will receive:
- $500 Cash
- Featured Placement on The Focus Project homepage.
Several photographers will be selected to be honored for their work on The Focus Project homepage with insightful commentary provided by Focus Project Curator Daria Brit Shapiro.
Every Participant Recieves:
- A sleek online portfolio.
- A listing in our online directory of photographers.
- One month free subscription to see.me
We love photography. It’s time to focus on what matters most in our lives.
Participating with The Focus Project is $14 per month.
Deadline to be eligible for the Grand Prize is FEBRUARY 2012.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile