Deadline: 31 July 2011
Open to: anyone who wishes to apply
There are 3 CATEGORIES in the competition:
1 – handmade doll with quilt and doll bed
2 – traditional doll quilt with doll bed
3 – art doll quilt with doll bed
From each CATEGORY, first place, second place, third place and one runner up will be selected AS FINALISTS.
This makes a total of 12 FINALISTS, whose entries will be exhibited at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, TEXAS in fall, 2011.
1st prize: A 3 year subscription to Selvedge Magazine worth $275 and an announcement in the November/December 2011 issue of Selvedge. The winning entrant will be exhibited and highlighted at the exhibition at the 2011 International Quilt Festival in Houston. The winner will also receive a $50 gift certificate from Equilter.com.
2nd Prize: A 2 year subscription to Selvedge Magazine worth $205, entry exhibited at the 2011 International Quilt Festival in Houston, a $25 gift certificate from Equilter.com.
3rd Prize: A 1 year subscription to Selvedge Magazine worth $115, entry exhibited at the 2011 International Quilt Festival in Houston, a $25 gift certificate Equilter.com.
Runner up prize: A digital subscription to Selvedge for 1 year worth $40, entry exhibited at the 2011 International Quilt Festival in Houston, a $20 gift certificate from Equilter.com.
Size: All quilts must be made to fit a doll’s bed. Minimum bed size is 4″ x 6″ x 3.5″ (WxLxH) Maximum size is 17″ x 25″ x 15″ (WxLxH) Fabrics: Please use the fabrics of your choice. Your entry must include the bed for display.
Technique: Quilts may be hand or machine stitched. We will be judging the quilt rather than the bed therefore doll beds may be purchased, customised or purpose built.
Karey Bresenhan, Nancy O’Bryant and Judy Murrah from the International Quilt Festival.
Polly Leonard from Selvedge Magazine
Luana Rubin from Equilter.com
Finalists will be decided soon after the July 31st entry deadline and will be notified no later than August 31st.
Entry deadline: Entries must be created solely for the competition (previous work will not be accepted). Entries must be submitted online by July 31, 2011. You will be notified no later than August 31, 2011 regarding the quilts to be included in this exhibit along with shipping instructions.
How to enter:
You may enter up to ten doll quilts.
To enter the competition you will enter information about yourself, your quilt and you will upload 3 images:
– One image must show the whole bed and include a 12-inch ruler to show scale.
– A second image should be of the whole quilt, flat, also with ruler to show scale.
– The third image can show areas of the entry that you would like to highlight.
Entrants under 18 should receive permission from their parent or guardian to enter as the twelve finalists will have to cover the cost of shipping their entry to the festival (see terms and conditions). Images must be true likeness with no digital enhancement. We reserve the right to eliminate entries if in the judgement of the judges the entry does not match the submitted image.
Those selected will be asked to provide further images, a short description of the work and a 100 word biography about the maker.
Then finalists can either be shipped to Texas or London depending on where the creator is based. Competition winners will be chosen at the Festival or before and winners will be notified by email immediately.
How to register
Registration is now open. The last day to register is July 31, 2011
For More Information
We look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions, please contact Carmen Valls, Special Exhibits Coordinator at 713-781-6864, ext. 105, email@example.com or Clare Bungey firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have technical questions about the on-line system, please contact Lisa Ellis at email@example.com
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile