Round 1 Application Deadline: 21 October 2011
Round 2 Applications Deadline: 25 November 2011
LMFF Cultural Program dates: 1-31 March 2012
The L’Oréal Melbourne Fashion Festival (LMFF) Cultural Program provides a forum for designers, artists and curators to present their fashion-inspired creative work to the public during the month of March each year.
Extending beyond the officially programmed events of the Festival week, the Cultural Program embraces broader creative parameters of how fashion can be showcased and experienced, far beyond the runway.
Diverse, inspiring, educational and often surprising, the LMFF Cultural Program engages fashion-loving audiences in an exciting range of activities that cross the breadth of the city and beyond. In 2012, regional activities will be included in the program to ensure that the national community buzzes with cultural happenings that celebrate how fashion reaches every one, every day.
Since its inception in 1996, LMFF has become Australia’s pre-eminent platform from which to launch, promote and stimulate artistic expression as it relates to fashion. Participation in the Cultural Program provides publicity exposure and creates networks to a wide-reaching professional and public audience.
The LMFF 2012 Cultural Program continues this tradition, celebrating the unique perspective and talents of each participant and showcasing the many faces of fashion. Expressions of Interest to participate in the program are now welcome and applicants are advised that in 2012, LMFF encourages an emphasis on community engagement and education.
The program will encompass the following activity categories:
- Open Studios
- Lectures, Forums & Floortalks
- Classes & Demonstrations
- Fashion & Film
- Sustainable Fashion
- Children’s Activities
LMFF invites designers, artists, curators, cultural organisations and institutions to submit a proposal to be included in the 2012 LMFF Cultural Program by following the submission guidelines below.
- Concepts should integrally relate to fashion and be creative, innovative and relevant for both an industry and general audience.
- Proposed activities must be self produced/managed and self funded. Discretionary support (non-financial) may be given by the Cultural Program Manager, by formal request and on approval.
- Proposed activities must fit within the specified program categories. Exceptions may be granted via special review.
- EOI Applications will be reviewed by the LMFF Creative Director and the LMFF Cultural Program Committee who have full and final discretion over the program.
- Applicants must fill out all required fields in the Expression of Interest form (or provide explanatory notes if any field is inapplicable or not yet confirmed).
- Expressions of Interest will be compiled and assess in two rounds; applicants will be notified of admission into the program or otherwise after the deadline dates detailed in the downloadable form.
- LMFF encourages participants to seek self-initiated sponsorship and please consult the Cultural Program Manager in this process as it may be necessary to give the LMFF official partners first right of refusal where relevant.
- Participants must seek permission from the Cultural Program Manager to use the LMFF logo on activity related material; a full set of guidelines will be distributed to all approved participants.
ADMINISTRATION & PROGRAM LISTING FEE
There is no cost to submit this Expression of Interest Form.
A fee of $100 will apply to successful applicants whose activity is accepted into the LMFF 2012 Cultural Program.
Cultural Program participants receive:
- Listing in LMFF’s officially promoted online Cultural Program, including activity blurb, picture, hyperlink to website, ticketing and contact details, transport options.
- Listing in LMFF’s officially produced and distributed printed Cultural Program. Note: Inclusion in the printed program is guaranteed for successful Round 1 applicants. Round 2 applicant inclusion in the printed program is subject to print deadlines and cannot be guaranteed.
- Opportunity for profiling through LMFF’s online social networks including Youtube, Twitter, Facebook and e-newsletter “Swingtag”. Each participant will receive at least one tweet mention from the LMFF Twitter account.
- Window decals posted to an Australian address, promoting participation in the LMFF Cultural Program.
- PR opportunities as they arise.
Round 1 Application Deadline: Friday 21 October 2011
Note: Applications will be accepted after this date however LMFF encourages all applicants to adhere to the Round 1 deadline in the interests of early approval of inclusion and subsequent publicity benefits.
Round 2 Applications Deadline: Friday 25 November 2011
LMFF will assess submissions in two rounds to provide for the requirement for earlier approvals as may be required by applicants (for the further submission of grants, sponsorship requests etc) as well as the shorter lead time activities. Applicants will be advised of inclusion or otherwise in the program in the weeks following each deadline date.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile