Registration deadline: 11 December 2011
Open to: applicants from every country in the world, to professionals, students, and design-enthusiasts.
C A L L – F O R – E N T R I E S
designboom in collaboration with DEP – Department of Export Promotion of Thailand, and organizer of the Thailand International Furniture Fair, TIFF – promote an international design competition.
free registration required.
TIFF AWARD 2012 (leisure & style)
the subject of the international competition contest is celebrating the refined beauty and luxury of Thai homes and their outdoor lifestyle, the finest indoor/outdoor furniture and home decor accessories made in Thailand for the international market and unique leisure experiences in which aesthetics and environmentalism share equal space.
attendants can submit proposals under 3 product categories:
– home interiors
– garden, pool and patio areas, fireside and barbecue areas, spa environment
– resort and hotel hospitality
the designers of 3 winning entries ( one for every category)
will be granted with cash prize awards of $ 3,500 USD each.
the jury will select about 30 designs that will be developed as prototypes by Thai industry and craft and exhibited at TIFF 2012
there is the opportunity for finalist / shortlisted designs to be developed into real products.
in the event that the producers who DEP transfers the right exercises the option for production on on an exclusive basis and sine die (without time limitations), the selected manufacturer undertakes to pay a royalty of 4% of wholesale price of sold items to the designer, for the transfer of intellectual property rights .
and as always, designboom will publish an exhaustive results report.
projects should not be currently in production, it is important that you keep your design(s) confidential until the results of the competition are published.
the jury will award designs and concepts which are innovative in terms of their formal aspects as well as their commercial potential.
please don’t send in vague concepts, but go a step further. it’s not the idea which is the art, it’s more the way somebody handles the idea that makes art.
application registration will be accepted through december 11th, 2011.
registrations are open now, please fill in the form.
teams register with one name only.
– when submitting works you should add all team member’s names.
submit your entry / entries
if you are entering more than one work, please submit each work separately
you will be requested to supply:
1. up to 6 files for uploading to designboom
images or a composition of more images) of your project.
please note: use only .gif, .jpeg, (72 dpi) max 150 kb each file, RGB color mode.
image size: 818 pixels wide.
the entry submitted is a low-res version of your original work.
these original high-resolution image(s) will be requested only if your work is shortlisted.
for the 30 selected designs that will be developed as prototypes, technical 3D assembly drawings would need to be submitted upon request.
2.explanation of ideas
a brief description of your design.
(english text only, explanation is expected to be very concise)
3. you will be requested to accept the competition guidelines
competition guidelines: projects participating to the competition, must be original works. projects must be free from copyrights and any kind of obligation. the design shall not in any way infringe any third party’s right, including but not limited to copyright, logos, trademark, trade names, or other proprietary rights of publicity or privacy. only entries with a declaration of authorship are accepted ! (when submitting your design you will be asked to tick a box of declaration)
deadline for submission of entries
works can be submitted through december 11, 2011.
announcement of the results
results will be announced on march 2012, during the TIFF fair.
the jury’s selection is final and is not debatable.
intellectual property rights
any moral and paternity right regarding the project sent in for submission is the designer’s property.
by submitting a design in the competition, the participant agrees to provide DEP and co organizers of TIFF with the right of first refusal to the exclusive use of the design. this option is valid for 12 months after the end of the competition.
on the event that the producers who DEP transfers the right exercises the option for production on on an exclusive basis and sine die (without time limitations), the selected manufacturer undertakes to pay a royalty of 4% of wholesale price of sold items to the designer, for the transfer of intellectual property rights.
designboom will undertake the participants to agree that by submitting a design in the competition, the participants agree to provide DEP with the right to exhibit the design proposal, in form of project images and/or prototypes, built by Thai industry and craft..
by participating in the competition, all participants authorize DESIGNBOOM and DEP to publish and exhibit all the designs (including project data submitted) – waiving compensation – at exhibitions and events and/or to use them in any publications communications or promotions that DESIGNBOOM and DEP may deem suitable and/or necessary.
in any cases, each time the creation is used, they must refer to the competition they originate from.
DESIGNBOOM and DEP will credit the designer’s name to properly attribute authorship of work to promote the author adequately.
DEP will have the right to apply minor change amendments without damaging the integrity of the artwork – e.g. add the DEP and TIFF logo and text, reframing, translation, changing colors, cutting the background or parts of it, etc…
in case DESIGNBOOM and DEP want to bring major changes to the submitted artwork for publication, DESIGNBOOM and DEP will contact the designer and inform him/her about the use to obtain the designer’s consent.
inquiries to email@example.com
make sure to write TIFF AWARD in the subject line.
info on DEP
info on TIFF
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile