Deadline: 30 September 2011
“Of all the arts, abstract painting is the most difficult. It demands that you know how to draw well, that you have a heightened sensitivity for composition and for colours, and that you be a true poet. This last is essential.” — Wassily Kandinsky.
To be a poet with line, form, color, space and composition and to use each of these elements to evoke something that moves beyond object and materials is the work of the abstract painter. To have the capacity to comunicate sensations directly without definitions, parameters or concept is an extremely delicate and intense process.
Artists who offer themselves up to this creative process and have the courage to break boundaries and limits merit our attention and respect. It is a matter of letting go into the process, of being present in the moment in which inspiration takes possession and moves the creative instinct.
We encourage all artists to participate by sending in your best 5 images.
THEME: abstract works
ENTRY FEE: for 5 images
(see left hand column, pay entry fee, for more info)
for artists that have participated in at least one other AG competition.
– €30,00 euro
PRIZES: The First Place Winner :: receives acceptance to become a Member of the ARTROM Gallery GUILD (value €175.00 euro), which includes an on-line Artist Portfolio always viewable in the AGG Artist Member Directory plus an e-announcement (value €80,00 euro) sent thru the ARTROM PRess Service to our extensive opt-in mailing list of over 25,000 addresses. For detailed info about the AGG Membership go to: Membership Information
“The TOPTEN, Abstract Consequences Winners’ Exhibition will be highly promoted through the ARTROM PRess Service with direct mailing of over 25,000 members of our intenational comunity of arts and culture mailing lists. All submissions will be held within an archive for consideration of participaion in future projects.
To enter “TOPTEN, Abstract Consequences” on-line juried International Art Competition you can use our easy entry form or send everything in an e-mail to: email@example.com.
NOTIFICATIONS: When we receive your images and payment you will be notified via e-mail that you are officially entered in the Jury review process.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile