Deadline: 5 September 2011
Chic Art Fair Paris and PvonK Berlin are working in collaboration to organize a URBAN SCREENING on an outside concrete wall, longing the River Seine in Paris.
The Screening “SET IN CONCRETE” will take place every evening during the Chic Art Fair: OCTOBER, 20th-24th 2011.
The Event is supported by settled Personalities in the field of Video Art : Mirjam Struppek (Interactionfield-DE), Scale (collective for images in shows-FR).
You should find every details concerning the theme, format, and process in the attached file.
If you need further infos, write to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also forward the present e-mail to artists of your surrounding.
We are looking forward to receiving your Video Artworks!
Chic Art Fair-Paris (Off FIAC), takes place in a 3000 square meter building (Cité de la Mode et du Design) next to the river Seine.The premiere in 2010 presented 60 galeries of art and design and gathered more than 20 000 VISITORS.
In 2011(21st-24th of October), Chic Art Fair is
opening A VIDEO SECTION in collaboration with the creative team PvonK-Berlin. PvonK is working on curating a daily 1.5 hour loop of video artworks The projection will occur on an outside CONCRETE WALL, in agreement with the city of Paris, as an URBAN SCREENING.
*With the contribution of :
Mirjam Struppek (Interactionfield.de)-Berlin
Scale (collective for creation of images in shows)-Paris
Streaming Museum (www.streamingmuseum.org)-NYC
Boris Eldagsen (www.eldagsen.com)-Artist
AS WE’RE IN A CONTEXT OF A FAIR WHERE THE PEOPLE’S ATTENTION IS SPREAD INTO SO MANY ARTWORKS PRESENTED, AS WE’RE IN A CONTEXT OF AN OUTSIDE SCREENING WHERE THE PEOPLE HANG AROUND THE SELECTION CONCERNS SHORT VIDEO ARTWORKS:
FROM 1 TO 4 MINUTE(S).
Theme – Set in Concrete
The projection will occur on a concrete wall WITHOUT ANY WALL COVERINGS… It will be literally SET IN CONCRETE.
Thus, the integration of the video section in Chic Art Fair is rooted in its
determination to embrace various ways of expression in contemporary arts. SET IN CONCRETE will to side with the renewing occurrences in contemporary arts.
This video section will be SET IN CONCRETE, as the projection will dress up a concrete protected wall from the city of Paris. Moreover, the tangible motives figured in the videos as subjects will give the flat wall take consistence through the lines of action and camera movements.
Finally, the SET IN CONCRETE editorial line is an echo of the creative steps in video art, the set being considered as an essential part of an idea turned into images.
Open Call has no budget. It is offered to the artists as an opportunity to EXPERIMENT WITH AN OUTSIDE SHOWING in the city of Paris on an exceptionally gigantic concrete wall. Every day The Urban Screening will reach a diverse public in a privileged setting of the Cité de la Mode et du design, where the Chic Art Fair takes places at the same time as the FIAC. It is an experiment in which either EXISTING OR NEWLY CREATEDvideos can be integrated. For the artists who create new videos dedicated to the screening «Set in concrete», we suggest the optimization the architecture of the wall. The cross in the middle appears to us as a strong structural element.
Space – Wall
The projection area on the wall represents
19,20 x 9,95 m.
The beamer’s power will be set to 1000 Lumens per meter for optimum quality.
The SOUND will be broadcasted in the LOUNGE SPACE of the Chic Art Fair. The picture window of the Lounge looks directly onto the concrete wall.
-Video shot or post produced in
FULL HD 1920X1080p
Quick Time (.mov )1920×1080 25 ips
– Preferred Codecs:
ProRes 422 (HQ),
Pro Res 444,
DVC Pro HD, Uncompressed .
Any High quality codecs will be accepted IF THE CODEC IS INCLUDED IN THE DVD,
BUT WE’RE KEEN ON PRO RES
Avoid Mpeg formats ( Mpg 1, 2, and 4)
Video Submissions – Concrete Requirements
Every APPLICATION to Open Call for “Set in Concrete” Urban Screening in Chic Art Fair Paris, curated by PvonK Berlin. should be sent with:
A. 1 DVD with FULL HD 1080 .Mov video + 3 SCREEN SHOTS out of the video concerned. Chic Art Fair and PvonK would possibly make use of these screen shots to promote the Urban Screening “Set in Concrete” through several channels (website, newsletter, catalogue).
B. the PRINTED AND FILLED OUT ATTACHED APPLICATION FORM.
All the infos concerning the video artwork must be integrated in the loop as a presentation of each video.
Duration of the video artworks:
The selection of videos will be edited as a ONE AND A HALF HOUR LOOP burnt on Blu Ray. The selection will be a combination of 20 to 30 selected video artworks. The DURATION of each video artwork presented in the loop should be FROM 1 min TO 4 MINUTES max.
Submissions should be sent BY POST to the following address, or UPLOADED ON FTP below.
Notification of selection will be sent by PvonK-Berlin via E-MAIL within 1 WEEK AFTER THE CLOSING OF THE OPEN CALL.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile