Deadline: 30 November 2011
Open to: to all young people who were born from 1 January 1976
2011 eighth edition. MIXING CULTURES
A project by LE ARTI TESSILI CENTER FOR CULTURAL ACTIVITIES
Le Arti Tessili Association is holding the well known international competition for the purpose of enhancing the knowledge and interest towards textile contemporary art among young people coming from different parts of the world, and encouraging new talents.
The competition theme is: Mixing Cultures
The following prizes will be awarded (net value):
1st 1,500 € *
2nd 1,000 € *
3rd 500 € *
*One-month scholarships (free tutorial expenses) at Accademy of Fine Arts Academy of Fine Arts, Bologna, Koefia Academy of Haute Couture and Art of the Costume, Rome; and one-year “Digital textile design” at AFOL Milano-Fashion
CONDITIONS AND REGULATIONS: (truncated)
1. The competition is open to all young people who were born from 1 January 1976 on.
2. Candidates are requested to pay an entry fee of 20—euros.
3. Official languages: English and Italian.
4. The work submitted must refer to the chosen theme: Mixing Cultures
5. The work submitted must be recent (dated not earlier than 2010) and never shown before.
6. Works can be bi- or three-dimensional or video.
7. A first selection of the works will be made by a jury of three professionals who will go through the portfolios submitted in due time. They will choose the works that will enter the competition. Their decisions will not be open to dispute.
8. The results of the first selection will be made known by 15 February 2012. The selected artists will be asked to send their work, and informed about the date the work must be sent to Maniago.
9. The works must be provided with a hanging device along with the indication of how they must be hanged or shown.
10. All transportation expenses will have to be borne by the artists.
11. A second jury of 5 textile experts will assign the prizes after inspecting the works submitted in due time. Their decisions will not be open to dispute.
12. The prize-granting ceremony will be held during the inauguration of the exhibition which is scheduled not later than 15 May 2012. The winners will be informed accordingly.
13. Information will be sent to the artists via e-mail with confirmation of receipt.
14. The names of the jury members will be made known in www.premiovalcellina.org, in the press releases, and during the prize-granting ceremony.
Info Valcellina Award Secretariat
Ufficio Turistico, c/o Museo dell’arte fabbrile e delle coltellerie
Via Maestri del Lavoro, 1
Pordenone – Italia
Download Competition Rules (in English & Italian): www.premiovalcellina.org/
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile