The Vera List Center invites applications for 2013-2015 fellowships. Two fellowships will be awarded, each spanning up eight months and linked to the center’s 2013-15 curatorial focus theme Alignment. The fellowship is part-time, non-residential, and carries a US$10,000 stipend. Application deadline: April 8, 2013.
The fellows are supported by a student research assistant, they have access to a wide range of activities throughout The New School, and enjoy extensive library privileges. Meetings and informal gatherings with New School faculty and other constituencies are organized throughout the year.
- Journalists, historians, visual and performing artists, critics, curators, and cultural practitioners working in any field where they engage art and politics. The New School is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution and encourages applications from minority candidates as well as from individuals without institutional affiliation.
- Artistic and/or scholarly excellence of proposed fellowship project.
- Significance of project to the candidate’s long-term practice.
- Does the proposal relate to the focus theme in explicit and creative ways?
- Does the fellowship project reflect or benefit from the association with The New School?
- April 8, 2013: Initial application due, followed by reviews by members of VLC staff, VLC Advisory Committee, past Fellows and New School faculty.
- Mid-April to early May: Finalists are invited to expand their proposals.
- Late May: Announcement of fellowship appointments.
Fellowship terms: up to 8 months at any point between fall 2013 and spring 2015.
Application fee: $10 covers SlideRoom’s administrative charges.
International applicants are welcome, however the VLC is not in a position to facilitate a VISA nor negotiate financial arrangements. Please communicate with your US consulate regarding these matters.
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile