Yota Space Festival 2012 – International Competition in Digital and Multimedia Art, Saint Petersburg
Deadline: 1 December 2011
Open to: residents of any country in the world: artists, programmers, graphic designers, 3D-graphic artists, architects, students and professionals from all related fields.
Yota Space festival 2012 call for submissions
Yota Space Festival announces an international competition in digital and multimedia art. Yota Space invites residents of any country in the world: artists, programmers, graphic designers, 3D-graphic artists, architects, students and professionals from all related fields. The winning projects will be presented at Yota Space, which will be held in St Petersburg in Spring 2012. Please fill out the Submission Form right now. Yota Space is the best opportunity to show your work to international creative community. Final submission deadline: December 1, 2011, 18:00 Moscow time
What is Yota Space?
Yota Space is an exciting annual festival of innovative technologies of digital art. Yota Space is the space of the future in the present; it is a creative, inspiring environment celebrating new technologies, communications, talent, creativity, music and socializing. This is a platform for sharing experiences and knowledge.
Artworks: formats and genres
- Participants are invited to submit to the international jury their spectacular projects in interactive digital art and new media:
- Interactive installation / interactive art
- Interactive games and applications for iPhone and Android
- Short films (including animation, 3D and generative video)
- Audio-visual performances (including VJ-sets and all other creative experiments based on new technologies and media)
Attention! The jury will consider only existing works, Yota Space does not finance the production of new projects. Works that imply a static demonstration of the form (photographs, paintings, sculptures etc.) with the exception of 3D-mapping and screening programs projects sent for the contest are required to use interactive technologies and/or special software.
Who will evaluate the projects?
The Yota Space jury is a group of Russian and international media art industry experts. The jury members will carefully review each request to the competition and choose the most interesting projects to be introduced to Yota Space 2012.
Yota Space Jury
Shane Walter, onedotzero CEO
Alexander Sanchez-Perez, Yota Space CEO
Vlad Severtsev, Cyberbrothers CEO
Soojung Yi, Nabi Art Center, curator
Ilya Oskolkov-Tsentsiper, Strelka Institute, President
Olga Barkovskaya and Anna Belyaeva, independent new media art curators
How do I apply?
- Open the Submission Form for participation.
- Fill in each field in Russian or English.
- Upload your files to any free file sharing. Indicate links in the application form.
- Get auto reply about the successful form submission on the personal email address you specified in the application. This is a confirmation of your registration.
- If you send more than one project, please register each work separately.
- Please make sure you are able to provide high resolution images and video. Transmitting and publication of your work will also require high-quality pictures and HD-video (1920 x 1080) or non-compressed files (.mov, .avi etc.). Yota Space does not pay for the cost of conversion. Before placing your work please ensure that your master copies have no problems with video and sound.
- Yota Space jury will evaluate projects sent before 18:00 December 1, 2011.
- When you create a technical rider of the project, please remember that the work will be installed by a third party. This means that the complexity of installation and cost of its elements should be understandable and acceptable.
- Yota Space festival producers grant the winners: the opportunity to present their work at Yota Space; implementation of the technical rider, flights and transfers to non-resident and foreign participants; visa support and accommodation during the set up and opening of the festival.
- Works are accepted and treated free of charge.
- The winners will be announced on the official websites (space.yota.ru or yota.ru) before December 10, 2011. The winners will be contacted by the organizers to continue further work on the projects. Please give consideration to Yota Space organizers, and not try to contact them personally to ascertain the results of the competition.
- Copyright of submitted work is reserved to the author with a condition of granting a temporary use and demonstration at Yota Space festival.
- In case a participant will not follow the competition rules, the organizers reserve right to withdraw the work from the competition.
Registration for the competition is open from June 30 to December 1, 2011. Please fill out the registration form. Groups of authors are welcome, but please give contact details of only one group member. You can list the names of all authors in the column describing the project.
Complete rules and application form may be downloaded from the web site:
- Global Cultural Fellows (Edinburgh)
- OPEN CALL ATHENS
- The MASK Prize
- Chronus Art Center Research and Creation Fellowship
- The Indonesian Arts and Culture Scholarship 2017
- European Short Pitch 2017
- Torino Film Lab 2017 – FeatureLab 360
- Artist Protection Fund
- Outdoor emerging artists competition
- Expert(s) in Residence
- Camargo Core Program
- Grants for the Arts
- The Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Residency Program
- Budapest Art Residency
- 9th Budapest Architecture Film Days
- Works on Paper 2016 annual competition
- Antarctic Biennale – Calls is an international competition
- M+ / Design Trust Research Fellowship programme
- V4@Theatre Residency for young theatre critics from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Ukraine, Moldova, Belorussia and Slovakia
- Scholarship programs for Ukrainian and Moldavian theatre makers
- PACT Zollverein residency program
- SQUEEZE IT CONTEST 2016
- Artist in residence – scholarship in Künstlerdorf Schöppingen Foundation
- Privilege and the Displaced, Artist Residency
- Gerald Kraak Award and Anthology
- 12th International Design Contest Triestecontemporanea 2016
- Young Package 2016
- STARTS Prize 2016
- Springback Academy: Open Call for Dance Writers
- Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship program 2016/2017
- International Fashion Academy scholarship 2016
- Henry Moore Institute Visiting Research Fellowships
- Call for circus and street arts artist
- 22nd Onassis Fellowhips Program For International Scholars 2016-2017
- Call for collaborative media art – Helsinki 2016
- IZOLYATSIA Residency Program
- The Next Step Challenge grants
- Triangle’s Residency Program 2016/2017
- Culture Of Permanence – Call for partipation for thematic residency
- PACT Zollverein rezidencies
- Sapporo Tenjinyama art studio residence program
- 2016 Georgia Fee Residency
- Open Call Artist in Residence in Kaunas/Lithuania 2016
- Rome International School – Scholarship Fund Programme
- Iver Jåks Artist-In-Residency Program
- Taboo Open call
- ‘Poor Media’ – Open Call Creation 2016 – Werktank & KU Leuven
- Ellen Stewart International Award
- Open Call for Create Syria: A project to empower Syrian art in exile